B for Butterflies

This is my second blog for April A-Z Challenge.

Do you remember the first time you saw your crush in college? Do you remember getting to see her again, and do you remember finding a reason to see her again and again? Did you feel something in your stomach, that's exactly the insect that I am going to write about today.

I find Butterflies, the most amazing creature on the planet. They represent absolute beauty when they are out there in an open field, at the same time they represent absolute chaos when talked about in the scientific theory of the "Butterfly effect". Personally, butterflies have been a big part of my childhood.

I grew up in a little village, which was blessed with greens and glees. It was an easy task to spot half the animals outside my home, you would go to find in a normal zoo. 

On most evenings during the rainy season, after coming back from school and having lunch. I would spend hours chasing butterflies in the fields behind my home. I would be careful to first observe which butterfly to go after. That would be the ones who changed their sitting positions least often, and the ones who take longer time to fly from the position they were sitting at.

Catching the butterflies didn't mean anything specific to me when I was a child. But now whenever I look back at my time today, I wonder if was it my ego chasing the most innocent flies. The one who I believed was easy to dominate. Was it me, trying to capture and imprint my victory over the most beautiful creatures that my eyes could stop, rather than letting it be at its most natural habitat. 

Is it just me trying to make everything that finds beautiful, or is it all of us as humans. When we find something that we love we get that strong urge to make it our own. But is love not about letting go of your loved one be the way they want to go. Is love not listening, understanding, and accepting the way of your loved one rather than showing up your fake strength in trying to dominate the other one to get confined to your mental web.

Why are expectations replacing acceptance, why is ownership replacing freedom, and why is restriction replacing letting go. That's for us to think, and respond

What do butterflies represent to you, drop in the comments and let me know about it.

My butterfly friend, inspired and gave me the idea to choose the subject for today's blog, and got me involved in my childhood memories after ages today.



Comments

  1. Butterflies are indeed very beautiful creation of life and so are butterflies in stomach. Those little nervous , anxious, excited feeling in the stomach are best ones to have.The lastest moment I had butterflies in my stomach was when I visited my intermediate school .It was just magical to go through all those precious memories you have from the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments makes me travel time, back then i had a garden in my stomach, a new butterfly almost every other new day.

      Thank you for stopping by, and adding a comment.
      Just curious about your anonymity, would love know if you can help me reveal it.

      Delete
  2. nicely written..

    Life simplify butterfly for me.

    In my childhood I was also trying to catch and run behind butterflies by seeing their beauty.

    Now, we have planted flowers. And butterflies come to my garden everyday. I am happy to see her to fly in my garden.

    Simplify: When you chase for it, it will run away from you. But when you work and make a favorable conditions, then that thing will come to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally now realize the point you convey, way to everything is not merely running behind them, most of the time its planting flowers in the garden so that they feel invited and accepted enough to come.

      Thank you for dropping by and reading, can i have the pleasure to know the person behind the veil of anonymity.

      Delete
  3. Butterflies are indeed one the most beautiful creatures in world. It not just teach us about the role of transformation in our life to become something better and beautiful but also how little things like watching them fly, are important and can add happiness and joy in one's life. I believe, everyone has that one butterfly friend , who bring smile on our face as we see them. You are one of my butterfly friend for me 💛 . Thank you for being that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and I am blessed to have you around. lots and lots of love to you my friend.

      Delete
  4. Thank you monster, see me real soon !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, let me know how you feel about this post here

Popular Posts