you can only choose when you have options

Yesterday morning when I was drawing water from the well outside my house, I saw the dog who lives in our neighbourhood digging the ground. Having spent almost my entire childhood around that four-legged creature, it was not an uncommon scene for me. Especially during summers dogs tend to dig the ground in search of dampness in the soil, and sit on the hole they dug as they are a little cooler than the ground. 

After digging a couple of centimetres, he started licking the ground and eating some soil from it. Now, that was an uncommon food choice by the big canine creature. He must be extremely hungry, that was the only explanation I could draw from it. I took him home and made some poha for him. He happily ate the entire of it, drank some water and sat calmly under the shed of the tree on our Veranda. 

I gave a little thought to, why did a bone-loving creature want to eat soil? The answer was pretty simple 

"He didn't want to, he had to", which is often the neglected driver of almost all our actions.


Here is him



Comments

  1. Drawing water from welll! Wow where do u live? That's a very thoughtful and heartful act by u . Kudos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the place I am from(https://tripinfi.com/mccluskieganj-jharkhand/),
      and though it sounds unreal, its rarely the case when you live here and you don't have a well in your home

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, let me know how you feel about this post here

Popular Posts