Phoebe the philosopher

Remember how Phoebe had a pact with Joey, the backup pact that if neither of them finds a partner by the age of 40 they would marry each other. The deal seemed quite a logical one to me.

But it all lasted a little more than 2 minutes when I eventually found out that she had a similar pact with Ross. Here is a youtube video to refresh your memory




With a high risk of being called Childish, I made a similar pact with one of my friends. We have decided that if both of us are single by the age of 30 we get married. So we are just a touch less safe than Phoebe, (of course, because she has a backup for the backup) but from the rest of you reading this we are much safer 😅. 



Feeling safe is a most wonderful human feeling, every precious relationship is built around how safe we feel around each other. Everyone wants to embrace certainty in life. 


If I meet someone who resonates with my frequency I want to virtually seal their existence in my life. Similarly, when I like a place, I want to stay there forever. I want the people I admire in my life, the taste of the food I like, the story of the book I love, the voice of the person who makes my heart skip a beat, and the dance of a girl 😌(enough hints dropped), the music of AR Rahman's composition, the Falguni Pathak's dandiya events, my presence in live Ganga aarti, the stories of nilesh mishra, the selfless love of my dog, the night out of my college friend, the feeling when she told me that she had a crush on me, and the feel of the first bite of dominos pizza, to stay forever with me.


But this life which rarely moves with your direction, "forever" is nothing but the biggest myth in life. Every single thing in the world is transient. When we want something to be fixed in our life, we are missing out on that new variable thing that might bring more joy to us than we already have. There is nothing wrong with being possessive about already good things in life, but let us leave room in our minds and heart to welcome the new experiences in our life. 


Yeah definitely, there is a big risk in inviting new experiences it might totally leave you shattered. But what is the use of planning out our entire life, when life always runs on a single plan? 

"Never according to your plans."


So let's live by the phrase Que Sera Sera (It's an Italian phrase meaning, "whatever will be, will be"), because so does Phoebe.😜


This quote is borrowed from the blog

Comments

Popular Posts