W for Wishes, they might actually come true.

I had been waiting for it to rain for one week. Hyderabad heat has notched up its level with every passing day, making my wish a little more realistic, but when I just start complaining about it, it comes up with a romantic to allure me. On so many evenings it would decorate the sky with gentle gray clouds. Mighty sun, shyly trying to peep through it, would create so many enchanting colors that I would get lost admiring the sight, and forget that the actual destination of my wish was rain, gentle long showers, the kinds that wash away all the trouble and makes everything afresh and new. Has the destination ever been as beautiful as the journey itself, it hasn't been at least for me yet. Once the entire show gets over, with my heart little content the weather rolls back into its original form again.


It was yesterday when god's queue of pending wishes cleared out and mine got a chance to be served, and since I and he is not in our best phase of relations currently, he might have forgotten to give me an early update about it. I stepped out of my office at 7, and after 20 mins of waiting for the cab, somebody picked up my request. I headed to the gate in a hurry, as the weather started being playful. I was excited to reach home fast and change my clothes so that I can give it perfect company. Disappointingly my cab driver decided to play a spoilsport.


He made me wait for the next 5 minutes, where the teasers of storms and heavy winds were constantly reminding me of the party we were going to have the next. And after five minutes, when the cab driver ditched me the dark, heavy, and roaring clouds couldn't take it anymore. It opened its floodgates, and within minutes it was water everywhere. The entire landscape was drenched in covered in a layered film of water, and the skyscrapers all around me suddenly disappeared, while I was stuck at the building gate with just a roof over my head and open from all sides.


The winds blew in with full force and caused the sprinkles of rain to reach out to the places where people took shelter to hide from its might. I stood under the gate waiting for the rain to take a break so that I could get home, and then I could give it a company and we could we wild together. I waited for another 2 hours waiting for it to stop. My friend was going to do an Instagram live which had already started by now, and I wanted to attend and cheer for her. Finally, when I couldn't stop myself, I jumped out in the rain. I jumped onto the unknown bus standing beside the gate when the driver said he would go the same way.


Once I got off the bus I ran, I ran like crazy on the roads full of water, amidst splashes of water caused by incoming vehicles. I intentionally took the side of the road which had the heavier flow of water, as I wanted to create the biggest splashes of them all. I was like the dog who has been taken to the pool for the first time in my life ever. Instead of pretending like all the previous times that I am hating the downpour, I stretched my arms far and wide. I let the drizzles hit my face, and water wet my clothes because I had loved it whole my life. What if it's not pouring when I am home wearing my shorts and comfy t-shirts, I could still have joy in my office attire and water-filled sneakers.


After all, it's the rain I wished for, and God granted my wish. So instead of sitting and complaining about wrong timings, why not jump in and make the timings right myself...




Comments

Popular Posts