Y for Yours Truly

I am a person who loves his sleep, and I can't complain since it's a two-way affair. My sleep also loves me a lot, barring days when my mind starts playing the devil, on all other days we cuddle with each other and enjoy an uninterrupted time of at least 8 hours. And I planned to continue it as long as I didn't find somebody worth ending my affair for😜.

If your affair is so strong, then people talk about it, and so did the people close to me. Word around the town was, that I sleep at 10 o'clock, and if somebody calls me around after that time I surely won't pick up. That worked pretty well for me till the date, nobody calls at night so I can put my phone on silent mode, or just turn it off and continue my time with my beloved (😴of course ).

This past week had been an emotionally tough one for me. Things didn't turn out as I wished them to, and I had a truckload of emotional baggage. Besides, my mom was going to go back from the city the next day and I was feeling very sad about that as well. When I came back after meeting her, and reached my home a weird kind of whirlpool of thoughts sucked me into itself. 

My heart started aching, I couldn't breathe, and tears filled my eyes refusing to leave the eyelid. I wanted to be home that time, I wanted somebody to be by my side and assure me it's gonna be okay. That's when I took the brave call and called my home (Shivangi). She was the first and the last name that popped into my mind, and I knew she would be there no matter what. She was going for a farewell dinner with one of her lab mates. As soon as she picked up my call and said hello, the floodgates of my eyes opened. I asked for help first time in my life, and she was there with me as long as I wanted her to stay. She was ready to call off her dinner and stay with me, but I pursued her to go. She also told me to call her whenever I want to and not think that it would disturb her she has gone out.

One of my close friends Nish called me soon after, and I ended up telling her the entire situation, though she just returned from her work, she still gave me her time and listened to everything that I had to say. She stayed with me till I started feeling better and hung up only when she was summoned for dinner. She also asked me to call her whenever I wanted to.

Once things felt a little better, my heart gave me a wake-up call. I felt very selfish about myself, turning off my phone during nights when one of my close friends could have such a situation. My people were there for me when I needed them, always. So was it, not my responsibility to be there for them as well? 

That's when Yours truly demolished the entire wall which had writing on it saying no night call, and painted it bright and warm. From that night on, there is no wall in the real estate of my heart, especially for the people whom it calls its own.

I am still the person who loves his sleep😴, but no more than the humans that own me a lot more 🤗.





Comments

Popular Posts