Reflection at resolutions

With 7 months already gone, It's a good enough time to review my yearly resolutions.


Major Life Milestones:

1. 30 days of Workouts: I did successfully complete a streak of more than 30 continuous days of workouts, so this worked out pretty well. The feeling of achievement after completion was really satisfying.

2. A-Z blogging in April: This was tougher than I actually imagined, it almost sucked out all the creative juices from inside me. But the completion brought along a lot of satisfaction, appreciation, readers, and a volume of content to my blog.

3. Completing a half marathon: I was not allowed to register for a half marathon, since I didn't have any time certificate to prove if I can complete it. Though I took part in a 10K run, I already completed a dry run this Sunday. 27th is the actual run, I am quite confident of completing this one as well.

4. Getting my first tattoo: I had been a nice guy most of my life, doing all the socially acceptable things, but this was the point I started saying goodbye to it. Even in t-2 days, I didn't know that I was going to get it, but I still went ahead with it. It counts as my most daring adventure.

5. Watching Bhoota Kola live: I can't thank my friend Harsh enough for it, he was one of the sole reasons I got to witness it. Kantara was a big spectacle movie, and this movie had me gripped. Within a month of watching the movie, I was able to watch it in actuality, so extremely happy to get this off my list.

6. Storytelling: I have been a big fan of stories since my childhood, having seen the impact of situational storytelling in real life, this art couldn't have gripped me more. This year, I have been on stage telling stories at as many chances as I get. I have plans of helping others tell their stories too, let's see how it goes.

7. Letters to Stranger: Inspired by a social media handle of Udita Pal, I wanted to write love letters to strangers on Valentine's Day, but since the day is too far, I decided to do a test run. Though I ended up writing to more known people than strangers, but writing it to the strangers was more fun. With no expectations, no boundaries, and no shared experiences, it was a truly liberating exercise.


These are the seven highlights of the past seven months of this year. Multiple significant but nonflashy achievements also helped me trust myself a little more. With five remaining months I am looking forward to adding five more significant ones to the list. Here is what I would be running after for the remaining days of the year.

1. Not to die.

2. Posting on Social Media every single day for one month.

3. Reach a mark of 100 pushups a day. 

4. Host/ Form a storytelling group in the city

5. Call my sister once at least once a week for the remaining weeks.

6. Take one photograph of myself every week.

7. Memorize the lyrics of at least 4 songs.

8. Learn and perform the intermediate level of Garba

9. Make two solo trips happen.



What is the major highlights of the year for you, let me know !!



Comments

Popular Posts