Resolutions @2024 update 2

 



Hey everybody,


I have had around a couple of weeks to put my resolutions into action till now. And here I am with my accountability scores for second month.




Personal Discipline:


1. Don't Die, and avoid any near-death experiences.


Successfully went pass February without any near death collision, the closet I went was when I felt almost breathless in gym twice.


2. Work on my emotional toughness, and treat myself with respect and love. Take me on a solo dinner date once a month. Set up a meeting with myself for half an hour every day, five days a week.


Emotional Toughness:

I have shown improvement in this front too, one mistake that i did was to let my sister's judgement be a punishment for me. But I slowly held hand of my personal conviction, and saved some good things from being destroyed.

I am continuously working on listening to my inner voice more and meditation is helping me a great deal into it 


3. Go and step into the gym for at least four days a week.

I went to gym as per my goals for except one week where I  couldn't stand gym's air conditioning.


4. Eat Biryani, Noodles, Momo, and Samosa only one of these can be consumed for a maximum of once a week.

Slight Disappointment:

I stayed very much on course for the first three weeks, and I had to order or eat out four times the last week because I didn't have any energy left to cook. I am disappointed in myself for allowing that to happen but I am assuring myself to improve from next week on

                


5. Learn yoga, and meditation to overcome the trouble of overthinking and mental health.

Started with Meditation journey, and completed 17 continuous days of meditation till now, still ongoing.


6. Writer letters and notes to people, at least two of them a month.

Gave letters to two of my seniors, Shahbaz and Dipanshika telling them how inspirational character have they been in recent times


7. Take at least five pictures a week.

No progress


8. Perform a minimum of one story every two months.

No progress


9. Do 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 3 half marathons, and 15 minutes of planks by increasing them every alternate week.

Pushups: clocked 100+ all the four weeks

Sit-ups: almost 40 per week

Half Marathon: 0

Plank: 19+ minutes every week



11. Watch one movie every week.

Watched: Article 370

                 True spirit

Read: 


The Year of Less: How I Stopped Shopping, Gave Away My Belongings, and Discovered Life Is Worth More Than Anything You Can Buy in a Store.(completed)

Nudge: Mid way


12. Sleep before 11 and wake up at 7. Start shifting this time to earlier to hit the 9 to 5 target.

I didn't track the sleep


13. Post 12 medium technical blogs.

No Progress


14. Cold Shower in the morning, five days a week.

Super Achieved alll weeks, thanks to summer


Financial Goals:


1. Make 1lakhs+ other than my regular income. This would include dividends and freelancing income.

No Progress


2. Do Not miss any SIP installment, though I could vary on the amount and put the remaining into a balance dry cash.

Failed at it, I had been paying for my iphone which I think was a bad financial decision, I would try and stay on course now on.


[New]: Buy zero tshirts.


Hobby Goals:

1. Learn swimming, I should be able to swim in 6ft depth of the pool.

 Went swimming twice the month 

2. Read at least 12 books a year, and write reviews for each of them. I should have the book names at the end of the year.

Read one complete book, I will write the review 


3. Grow the storytelling community to 1000+ people in the city.

One storytelling event, 176 the current count


4. Complete April A-Z challenge, and complete site migration before that.

checked migration pricing, doesn't accept the debit card will check with other card. I feel its not that needed too. Will make a call this month


Social Media Goals:


1. Focus on building up with my current set of friends, remembering their birthdays, and posting their photo story statuses.

Wished Swee late on birthday, but with a long video call


2. Post at least two reels a week on Instagram, and grow my Twitter reach to 100+ followers.

I feel I would quit social media soon, I have to come up with a plan for that


3. Stay away from Instagram, just use it to post pictures or videos.

Stayed on course, good progress.


Family/Friends:


1. I will not comment negatively about the physical appearance of any person, I would leave the table that talks bad about anyone behind their back.

Fell miserably on this part, I will take care of this in current month


2. Call and talk to my sister and mom at least 3 times a week.

Achieved partially, talked to mom every single day of the month



Professional:


1. Do one end-to-end full-stack application every month.

I did one more but didn't complete, I will pick one up with research this time, first week for idea shortlisting 


2. Move my blog into a custom-purchased domain, and eventually portfolio. 

Debit card didn't work, I will retry with other debit card.


One of Milestones:


1. Watch Northern Lights.

No Progress


2. Ask somebody out.

Work in progress, I am resisting any desperation on that front which seems to be some bad inspiration for picking this one up


3. Watch bioluminescence at Mulki.

No Progress, likely to change the place


4. Take a shirtless picture on the Beach.

Work in progress


5. Make 2024 Navratri, my most memorable one.

No progress


[New: Status Update every month: done]

[New: Create new personal rulebook in progress]


This is the list that I would stick to. I might make minor modifications to them going forward, and I will keep you posted about it. In addition, I would make a post about the status of each of them within the first seven days of every month.


Have a fruitful year fam.


New Goals Identified:

1. Buy zero clothes this year and shop from approved list only which I will come up with this year.

2. Do meditation every single day.

3. Floss teeth every two day.

4. Update goal status every month.

5. Create personal choices, and rule books.


Comments

Popular Posts