Singles? or doubles??



I have been getting the same question repeatedly for the last 6 odd years of my life. The same thing happened today and here was my response, "I am waiting for nothing less than one of the following to unfold in my life next year".


1. I wanna pay for someone at a store because their UPI server was down and say "You can pay me back with a cup of coffee" Because of that one UPI payment, we started going out on a series of dates where the other one pays for the coffee and slowly we start falling for each other, Just because UPI ne aukaat dikha di thi.


2. I want my school crush to randomly DM me saying "Omg, you remember me" and then we talk about stupid schools, teachers, and classmates and I jokingly tell her that "I had a crush on you lol" and she asks if we can meet and when we do she tells me that she had a crush on me as well. We look into each other's eyes and just know that with a pinch of encouragement, I would be the one telling my kids how I met your mother.


3. I want to be somebody at a wedding standing in the buffet queue. We pick up the same dish at the same time "Oh sorry" and then start joking and laughing about how no one else likes it? Only to realize later that we have friends in common. We start talking day and night and realize us din shaadi kissi aur ki thi aur pyar kissi aur ko mil gya tha.


4. I want to find out if the person sitting next to me on the flight is anxious about flying so they ask me to please hold her hand while the flight takes off. I do but I don't know when to leave her hand and she doesn't say anything either and we spend the whole flight holding each other's hand.


5. I want to reluctantly go clubbing with my friends one day, where I spot a cute stranger, my friends won't shut up teasing me about her until we bump into each other on the dance floor and realize her friends had been doing the same. We fall a little on stage, and a tad bit higher in love.


6. I want to share a cab with someone from a metro station because both of us can't find an auto in the rain, only to find out that we have lived a block from each other for ages, and then we start hanging out together. from going to the metro together to cafes to and slowly into each other's heart the perfect old school way.


7. I want to physically bump into someone while clicking a moon/sunset photo to realize they were doing the same thing. We embarrassingly laugh about it and decide to go on a photo walk together where we click instantly.


8. I want to go to a cafe to sit and work while listening to music but the cafe sends me the wrong order and won't accept their mistake. A stranger realizes their order has been delivered to me, we laugh about it exchange the order, talk about each other's work for hours, and exchange numbers at the end of it.


9. I want to go to a concert alone and bump into a person at the entrance who is also there on her own. We-vibe the whole night, scream our favorite songs together, and walk out of the concert having found the one.


10. I want somebody to read my blog, and comment their Instagram profile on this post. So that I can gather my power and respond to them with a "Hey" on DM, and she instantly replies with "What took you so long" We both laugh and one year later thank this post for creating the magic.

Comments

Popular Posts