B for "Beyond Rules..."

I was an absolute gun in my college. Most of the professors knew my name, either because they admired me for my qualities or they hated me because I troubled them a lot inside the classrooms. I was never such a gun in my school days, I was rather an obedient one who would try to follow every rule in the class, and outside. 

But something hit my head as I entered my college gates, perceived because my college didn't have a real, permanent one. And that was the reason I couldn't be confined to the boundaries. And yeah I also agree that I had a huge crush on Miss Freshers of our senior badge so I had to do something extraordinary for her to even notice me.

Today four years after completing college, troubling countless professors, and seniors, and winning multiple competitions for my college and quizzing club I fondly remember one of our professors.

His classes would start at 10: 50, while our previous class finished at 10:40 or beyond. Most of our lecturers were super crazy about time, they wouldn't allow you to enter the classes even if you are late by five minutes late. And if you are stopped from entering your classes, you won't be given an attendance into the class and thus you won't fulfill the criteria of completing 75% of class attendance. In such circumstances, you won't be allowed to take the exams and you would have to face the penalty of one-semester paper.

Given such a strict rule of the college, the ideal way is for us to complete our previous class at 10:40 and rush for the next class in a different building which starts at 10:50. And so did all of us, except me and 3 other friends. As soon as our previous class finished we headed straight out of the college gate, yeah right the nonexistent one and sat peacefully ordered food completed our breakfast, and sheepishly headed back to class. 

The professor unlike any other professor in the college would allow us to get into the class and attend the lecture, and get the attendance. All four of us had a good academic score previously, but this professor barely knew us, and he allowed us in the classes day after day.

We were too lazy to get up on time and have the horrible hostel breakfast on most days, but whenever we had a class scheduled for that particular professor, he unknowingly made sure that we were well-fed that day. 

I know following rules is great, but sometimes bending them means food in somebody's stomach and happy memories for life.

Comments

Popular Posts