L for Logic

I came home recently, for the festival of Holi. My mom has been staying alone in my village home for the past month and I ask her, what she plans to cook for Holi. She said she didn't feel like celebrating this time. The last time when she was here, a couple of years ago, she cooked so many delicacies and invited the whole neighborhood and fed them. When I was here the year before that she went out and played Holi like a child. I had no plans to travel, especially since my work situation was haywire. The flight tickets were so high that it could cost a fortune. I was already cheated a significant some of money in the city. 

So what did I do, I booked the flight just the day before Holi without a plan in mind, without thinking about the price twice. I entered the gates of my home, and my mom was surprised. I haven't seen her happier, in the past few years. 

Logically and Financially a bad call, but next month's credit card bill doesn't feel as heavy as it should have.

My friend got married recently, I asked him what is his partner's hand size. Hyderabad and Charminar are famous for bangles. I brought some of them with me and gave them to my friend asking him to gift them to her from his side. I missed a chance to get brownie points for getting somebody a gift, but my friend has never hugged me tighter. I love giving gifts to people, but helping others give gifts feels a lot better, somehow.

Logically, and financially it makes very little sense, but when was your heart ever happy being filled with sensible choices.

There are at least 4 to 5 street dogs outside my gate every time of the day, and inside it's mostly my mom. She makes food for herself, and magically it feeds all the street dogs who stay in the vicinity. In the times when it's difficult even to feed yourself contently, she manages to feed the dogs, cows, sparrows, pigeons, crows, and squirrels daily without even thinking twice about it.

Comments

Popular Posts