adieu: Sheldon Cooper

Yesterday, I probably watched the end of something that has had a deep impact on my teenage and early adult life. It was the last episode of Young Sheldon, the character whom I feel so naturally relatable to. 

Even though I think, my personality is far apart from the character, when I am at the deepest points of my life my friend would give me an example of Sheldon coopers behavior from an episode of Big Bang Theory and the hardest of facts becomes a piece of cake for me. 

For example, here is something that has helped me the most. 

"Zones of privacy"



For those who don't know Sheldon Cooper is a lead quirky character from a famous nerdy American sitcom "Big Bang Theory", and Young Sheldon is a web series that shows the growing year of the lead character. 

I had a hard time coming to terms that I would be seeing my all-time favorite character for the last time ever on the big screen. Even though I have rewatched Big Bang Theory at least three times in the last four years.

There was another point that touched my heart on the way the closure was brought. The last event was Sheldon's father's death. Sheldon's elder brother, George who has been portrayed as an irresponsible character stole my heart, runs an illegal business at a laundry store, gets a girl much older than him pregnant out of wedlock, and so on.

After hearing the news of "George Sr.", everybody in the family reacted on the extreme spectrum of emotions, understandably soThis was a loss one could never think of recovering from. At the point at which his body is put to rest at the funeral, everybody lets out their feelings. 

Missy, the daughter was sad since her dad, who meant so much to her, treated her as a princess like most fathers said that she would miss him a lot. She was grateful for everything he gave her in life. Gratitude was a dominant feeling here. 

Sheldon, who had hard times with emotions, also contemplated that he got a chance to say his dad goodbye, and observed him a little more, went out with him a little more. The feeling of Missing out was a prominent one.

Conny, who tried to cheer everybody up with a witty speech gave hope and optimism. She conveyed acceptance and showed courage to look at the beautiful side after the end of the storm.

Marry, the wife who lost track of the world had really tough time. She was at a loss to know how to comprehend the feeling, she took desperate measures to grieve, and understandably so, she lost her life partner, and the entire responsibility of family fell on her shoulders. She was also angry at him, for leaving her in such a big mess. She depicted a disappointed, helpless, and desperate state.

Having been in a similar situation, I could relate a whole lot to the dynamics in play here. 

And a character portrayed as slightly irresponsible, who in my mind would be the best brother, best son, best husband, and best father, said something that would stay with me.

"You don't need to worry, I've got everything under control, won't let you down, Dad."



I wish I could be half as good as you George Jr. 

Comments

Popular Posts