Favorites

What was your favorite subject in school? 📚

For me, it was English 1️⃣. Those people who know me from school might be shocked at this revelation. Their shock could be easily justified. Till the time I went to 9th grade, I rarely passed in that subject. To quantify more precisely, it was only 2️⃣ times that I did.

I admit I am not too proud of this record, but today nothing brings me more joy than remembering my school affair with this subject. 😊

The reason? For the last two times that I passed, my English teacher appreciated me in front of the entire class and gave me a 5 rupee note, saying "Take care of pennies, and pounds will take care of themselves." Since that day, I never failed in English 1️⃣ again. In fact, in the next two years, I went on to deliver speeches, write essays that made my school win national awards, lead my college English debating teams, and hosted several large-scale events and storytelling shows. 🏆

All of them filled up my awards cabinet, but the highest of them sits a note. The only note that holds a value of more than millions for me, and that value comes from a signature, which is not the signature of the central bank governor of my country. ✍️

I had one such similar moment yesterday. I love to dance 💃, however bad it might appear to others, but I rate myself just a notch lesser than the legendary Michael Jackson. Whenever I went to my gym, I would see my favorite dance trainer, and I would ask her about her session. She would say it starts at 8:30, and I would either have to leave the gym by that time due to my office meeting, or I would not have been able to book the session in advance. She was not only my favorite, after all.

Yesterday, after completing my workout, I found her again. The same routine followed: I asked her about her session, and she said it was at 8:30. I said no booking, and she said never mind, you can come, I will adjust. I am not sure how big a deal it was for her to adjust me into her highly popular and overbooked session, but for me, it was an unexpected magical blessing.

I danced my heart out for the next 45 minutes, but I am still not sure exactly when the big smile on my face faded. Not till the time I went to bed 3 hours later. 😄

I hope by this time, you know my favorite subject in school. And alongside, you know my favorite teacher outside school too. 🎓


Here is the one with my favorite dance trainer


Comments

Popular Posts