The joy of losing

Ever wondered why people "fall" in love? Shouldn't love be about rising together instead?

Mathematically speaking, "rising" always sounds more appealing than "falling," right? So, why do we still talk about falling in love?

My definition of love has gone through quite the makeover. First, it was all about those captivating faces that turned my head. Then, it was the voices that made my heart skip a beat. Lately, it's been those with irresistible curls that have caught my eye. But throughout it all, one thing remained constant: the person I choose should add sparkle to my life.

Did I find that person? Hell no!


I used to crunch numbers, calculating the gains and losses in relationships, always looking for the best deal. But then there were those rare few who threw all my calculations out the window. With them, I found myself happily surrendering. Their smile meant more than any personal victory.

That's when I realized the true essence of love. It's when you're willing to rewrite your scorecard of wins and losses just to see someone else light up with joy.

So, next time you're wondering if it's love, ask yourself: are you okay with losing to this person? Would their happiness winning be your ultimate win? If yes, then congratulations, my friend, you're in deep.

Pretty faces, seductive voices, and irresistible charm—they come and go. But keep your heart open for someone who not only sweeps you off your feet but also roots for your happiness as passionately as their own. Because in this crazy game of love, losing a few battles to the right person is a far greater triumph than winning solo.


Comments

Popular Posts